The Rogers Communications community covers a large 97 p.c of Canada and is considered one of many cellular carriers launching 5G around the globe.
Rogers invested over $4 billion USD in 5G deployment in 2019 and over $2 billion in 2020. They’re at the moment within the technique of rolling out a 5G community, so it is accessible to any buyer with the appropriate system.
The firm has been silent about any fastened wi-fi entry (FWA) options for 5G entry at house, and have introduced plans to launch solely cellular 5G that works with 5G telephones.
Rogers 5G Cities
The 5G community from Rogers started to roll out in January 2020, in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver. It’s at the moment accessible in over 800 communities in Canada, they usually’re dedicated to reaching 1,000 earlier than the top of the 12 months.
See the full protection map for particulars. Some supported areas embody Abbotsford-Mission, BC; Aurora, ON; Calgary, AB; Delta, BC; Edmonton, AB; Fort McMurray, AB; Saskatoon, SK; Kelowna, BC; Markham, ON; North Vancouver, BC; and Burlington, ON.
Rogers 5G Devices
You cannot entry all the advantages of the 5G community except you employ a 5G-compatible cellphone. See the Rogers Cell Phones and Devices web page to see which telephones work on their 5G community.
Rogers 5G Rollout Progress
Here’s a have a look at how the Rogers 5G community bought to the place it’s at present, and the place it is heading:
- Rogers introduced in early 2018 that they’d be working 5G checks in Toronto and Ottawa. One 5G check Rogers carried out in partnership with Ericsson concerned digital actuality headsets to showcase the low latency that may be achieved with a 5G community.
- In late 2018, Rogers revealed a partnership with the University of British Columbia (UBC) to create a “real-world 5G Hub” testbed for engaged on innovative 5G initiatives involving self-driving vehicles, robotics, synthetic intelligence, machine studying, and extra. The good campus went dwell in late 2019.
- The firm doubled its expertise funding in British Columbia in 2019 to make sure that the groundwork for 5G will likely be in place for a industrial launch.
- On January 15, 2020, they introduced that 5G would begin rolling out in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Ottawa.
- On March 6, 2020, they revealed their first 5G units, the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G collection.
- On May 28, 2020, UBC and Rogers launched Canada’s first 5G pilot of good metropolis transportation tech in Kelowna.
- September 1, 2020, marked a big enlargement of their community with the inclusion of dozens of extra markets.
- On September 22, 2020, Rogers introduced 5G to Ajax, Burlington, Grimsby, Oakville, and Whitby, Ontario.
- On October 13, 2020, the community reached over 30 communities in Alberta, 50 in British Columbia, and over 35 in Ontario.
- On December 16, 2020, 5G arrived in Moncton, New Brunswick, and reached 160 cities and cities throughout the nation.
- On February 25, 2021, the community expanded to 10 extra cities and cities.
- On June 3, 2021, Saint John, New Brunswick, prospects might begin utilizing the brand new community.
- On June 16, 2021, the community additional expanded to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- On September 23, 2021, Dartmouth and Bedford, Nova Scotia, have been included within the protection space.