Wednesday, June 26, 2024

T20 World Cup 2022 – Sachin Tendulkar highlights importance of left-hand batters in line-up

Sachin Tendulkar has confused on the importance of having a left-hand batter in India’s taking part in XI on the males’s T20 World Cup, saying that they “add in value” and provide selection.

Speaking to PTI after the Indians’ six-run win over the Australians in a heat-up recreation in Brisbane, Tendulkar stated, “Left-handers without any doubt add in value, and bowlers have to adjust, fielders have to adjust, and if they are able to rotate strike consistently, it is not something that the bowler enjoys.”

Rishabh Pant is the one prime-order left-hand batter in India’s squad. Axar Patel can be round, however he’s extra of a decrease-order batter. And in what was an enormous blow to India’s plans for the event, Ravindra Jadeja was dominated out with a knee harm.
In 15 innings since June this yr, Pant has averaged solely 23 in T20Is, with a highest rating of 44. Of late, intense competitors in the center order and a scarcity of runs from him have led to questions on Pant’s place in India’s T20I facet. On three events just lately – in opposition to Pakistan in the Asia Cup, and in opposition to Australia in Mohali and Hyderabad – Pant was squeezed out of the XI, as a full-power India weighed their choices.

“Look, I wouldn’t go by just the [top] three. You always play as a unit and one should see what works well,” Tendulkar stated. “You can’t go by top two or top three. As a unit, what you have is important and then to figure out whom to send at what position, and also check what is the opposition’s strength.”

- Advertisement -
Tendulkar additionally stated he was impressed with Arshdeep Singh, who solely made his T20I debut this July after constructing his status in the IPL.

“Arshdeep has shown a lot of promise, and he looks a balanced guy. And whatever I have seen of him, he looks a committed fellow because you can see a player, you can make out looking at his mindset,” Tendulkar stated. “What I really like is that if Arshdeep has a plan, he commits to it, and that is really, really important in this format as batters are going out and playing those extra shots, and some innovative ones. So if you have a plan, commit to it.”

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest article