What to Know
- Delete your remark: Select the three dots to the proper of the remark > Delete > Delete.
- Delete another person’s remark on one in all your posts: Select the three dots subsequent to the remark > Delete.
- Edit a remark: Select the three dots subsequent to the remark > Edit. You cannot edit another person’s remark.
If you have ever confronted the panic of posting a remark on Facebook that you just did not imply to publish, then you understand how vital it is to understand how to delete a remark on Facebook. It’s simple to delete or edit a remark, however the technique you utilize will differ relying on the place you have posted it and whether or not you need to delete your individual, or another person’s addition to one in all your posts.
How to Remove a Comment From Facebook
In most instances, deleting a remark on Facebook simply takes one or two fast steps.
If you have posted a remark on your individual or another person’s publish, simply choose the three dots to the proper of your remark and choose Delete from the pull-down menu.
Whenever you delete a remark or a publish, you may want to choose Delete once more on a affirmation message that asks in case you’re positive you need to delete.
If you need to edit a remark you have made on one in all your posts or another person’s posts, the method is nearly the identical as deleting a publish on Facebook. Select the three dots to the proper of your remark and choose Edit from the pull-down menu.
If you have created your individual publish on your wall, another person’s wall, or to a Facebook group, you possibly can delete that publish in the identical manner. The solely distinction is that the choice to delete the publish from Facebook is additional down the checklist. Select the three dots on the higher proper nook of the publish you need to delete and choose the Delete possibility on the backside of the pull-down menu.
You can edit the identical publish utilizing the identical strategy. Just choose the three dots on the higher proper nook of the publish and choose Edit publish on the high of the pull-down menu.
How to Delete or Edit Someone Else’s Comment
You can solely modify feedback that another person has posted on Facebook if the remark was made on one in all your posts or in a Facebook Group or Page that you just run.
Use the next directions to delete or edit another person’s publish on Facebook.
To delete a remark posted by another person on one in all your posts, simply choose the three dots to the proper of the publish. Select Delete from the pull-down menu.
Keep in thoughts that to delete another person’s remark on Facebook, the publish wants to be a response to one in all your posts or if somebody made a publish on your wall. You cannot delete another person’s remark on another person’s publish, and you’ll’t delete another person’s publish on their very own wall or another person’s wall.
You can delete a remark posted by somebody in a Facebook Group or Page that you just handle. The course of is equivalent to deleting somebody’s remark on your private wall. Select the three dots to the proper of the remark and choose Delete from the pull-down menu.
Keep in thoughts you can’t edit somebody’s remark, even when it is posted to your wall or your Facebook Group or Page.
Why Delete a Comment on Facebook?
There are a lot of causes it’s your decision to delete both your individual remark or another person’s remark on a Facebook publish.
- You’ve realized your Facebook remark may need come throughout fallacious and need to take away it so you do not damage anybody’s emotions.
- People misunderstood what you have posted and also you’d want to take away it completely.
- After additional analysis, you have found that one thing you posted is incorrect.
- You acquired in bother for one thing you posted to Facebook and also you’re required to delete the remark or face penalties.
- You acquired many unfavorable responses to your remark and you want to take away the whole dialog from Facebook.
- A third-party app or web site you utilize routinely posted one thing to your wall and also you did not need it to.
Remember that in case you delete a remark that a lot of individuals have responded to, it will additionally delete all of these replies. If you don’t need to take away the replies from Facebook, you may want to contemplate modifying your remark fairly than deleting it.